So, you're hosting a temporary tattoo station at your little rockstar's next bash? I created a roundup of ideas and inspiration to include or consider. If you need to track down the right tattoos for your theme, try searching Tattly and Meri Meri.
Now, from left to right:
1. Just a little inspiration, because these boys are too doggone cute with their temporary tattoos! (source)
2. Tattoo cake topper! You can find the tutorial to make your own on Oh Happy Day!
3. Did you know you can apply temporary tattoos to bananas? Yep, you can! You can also put them on party cups, eggs, and who knows what else! Get creative...and then come back here and tell me what else you tattooed! You could have a really adorable (and healthy) snack for the kiddos, while they are patiently waiting for their turn to get a tat. (source)
4. Temporary tattoo balloons! You definitely need some of these by your tattoo station. Find the tutorial over at Aww Sam.
5. You may need to create a sign for your tattoo booth, or even some food labels or place cards. Soooo, you will need a tattoo font, right? Photo credit: Etsy
6. Apply tattoos to your party cups to match your theme! Photo credit: Instagram @habitatt
7. This handmade hipster art doll is sporting some nautical tattoos. He might make a nice gift for a birthday boy (or girl), and he inspires me to try some temp tats on fabric! I haven't tried it yet, but it might be cute on some little canvas favor bags?
8. If you can't find the right tattoo for your theme, or are looking to create your own, head over to A Beautiful Mess for the tutorial.
9. How awesome is this tattoo mural in a kid's room! If you are an artist, or have an artistic friend, this would be a fun backdrop to create on a $10 piece of plywood from the hardware store!
10. These temporary tattoo application instructions come with this tattoo station in a box. So cute! You can purchase your own, or get inspired to DIY!
So, there are some ideas to get you started! I decided to start a series on here called "Thursday Themes", and I will post inspiration for a different party theme every Thursday! If you're interested in seeing a particular theme featured, let me know in the comments, or shoot me an email. I thought this would be a fun way to share how I get inspired while party planning. Where do you find inspiration?