Happy National Soft Pretzel Month! For a fun "twist" on the candy necklace, head to Handmade Charlotte.
Tuesday, April 18, 2017
Tuesday, April 11, 2017
Thursday, March 30, 2017
Here is all the inspiration you need to start planning the most adorable "bunny brunch" for your favorite little ladies! Wouldn't this be a fun Easter tradition?
LEFT to RIGHT:
1. BUNNY BRUNCH INVITATIONS The most adorable FREE printable invitation you ever did see! | Emma Trithart
2. BUNNY COOKIES You're going to need a bunny-themed snack...and these cookies are darling! | Handmade Charlotte
3. DIY NO-SEW BUNNY EARS Guests will love being able to make (or at least wear) their own pair of bunny ears. | Live Free Creative Co.
4. BUNNY TOTE Some adorable inspiration for your favor bags... | Cotton On
5. BUNNY BREAKFAST Isn't this the cutest bunny food art EVER? Make your own using pancakes, cherries, bananas, etc. | We Heart It / @ivanavai
6. EASTER PRINTABLES These are the sweetest FREE printables, and you can use them to make cupcake toppers, pancake toppers, garlands, stickers, name tags, etc. | Emma Trithart
7. BROWN SACK BUNNY MASK This would be another simple party craft for young guests. | Oh Happy Day!
8. ARM-KNIT BUNNY So, it might be a little extravagant to make enough bunnies for each guest to keep, but if you're feeling ambitious, one or two would be cute to have lying around at the party. | The Style Files
9. RABBIT FABRIC BALL HAIR TIES These are a must for the favor bags. | Rare Rabbit
10. HARD BOILED BUNNY EGGS The perfect side to go with those bunny pancakes! | Parents
11. DIY BUNNY EARS TWIST TIE ...one more fun craft or favor, depending on the age of the guests. | The House that Lars Built
12. BEAD BUNNY BOOKMARKS Such a cute DIY! Party activity or favor? | Small for Big
Thursday, March 23, 2017
It's the perfect time of year to start planning a Farmer's Market party! I gathered a bit of inspiration, but there are soooo many ways to get creative with this theme. Agggghhh, I seriously need an excuse to throw this party!
Click on the captions for links...LEFT to RIGHT:
1. VEG LIFE PATCH Hannah has the cutest merit badges, but you just have to keep watching her blog and site to see what's available. I LOVE her veg life patch! It would be adorable on your Farmer's Market tote, or on a little cotton favor bag.
2. DIY FLAGS Oh the possibilities! The link includes a tutorial for no-sew bunting, as well as these cutie-patootie flags. I can see them in vases with flowers, stuck in the ground lining your driveway or sidewalk leading to the party, or just in the favor bags as a cute little decoration.
3. STRAWBERRY TOTE Can't you picture adorable little girls running around a Farmer's Market with this darling strawberry tote? It would be cute to come up with a DIY version with an iron-on strawberry for the party favor bags!
4. CARROTS + HUMMUS The perfect (and even healthy) party snack!
5. PRINTABLE JAR LABEL There are several designs to choose from, and they're FREE! Who doesn't love a good freebie?! You can print them on sticker paper, and label party favors in jars, or make cake or jam in jars to send home with guests. Those lucky ducks!
6. FRESH BOUQUET This would be the perfect centerpiece!
7. FARMER'S MARKET BACKDROP This party is the BEST! You have to check it out for oodles of adorable inspiration. Love the backdrop!
8. DIY STRAWBERRY CASCARONES These babies are packed with confetti for an instant party! If you're looking for a good selection of berry baskets, try Shop Sweet Lulu.
9. FABRIC FLOWER BOUQUETS Follow the link...waaaaaay too cute! Depending on guests' ages, this might be a fun party craft.
10. PRINTABLE VEGGIE SNACK CONES Another adorable printable! Print...roll...serve veggie sticks!
11. FLORAL CAKE TOPPER I think this is my all-time favorite cake.
12. DIY CLAY FLOWER VASE NECKLACES Oh my goodness! This would be an adorable party craft and favor!
13. DIY CARROT SURPRISE BALLS Another darling favor idea! Disguise your favors in a carrot surprise ball.
14. FRUIT HAIR CLIP Oh dear. I saved this hair clip on Pinterest a while back, and it looks like the shop is currently closed for maintenance. I sure do hope it returns with this "holly berry" hair clip. The guest of honor definitely needs to be wearing it!
15. EMBROIDERED VEGGIE BAG This link includes a free PDF project, so you can stitch your own Farmer's Market tote bag! If you don't make these for the party, you could definitely make one for yourself, right? So cute. You could even just stitch one fruit or veggie on little cotton favor bags.
Thursday, March 16, 2017
There are too many brilliant unicorn ideas to fit into one post, so I split it into two. Be sure to check out part one for even more unicorn party inspiration. ...Then come back next Thursday for a new theme!
LEFT to RIGHT:
1. DIY UNICORN BALLOONS Studio DIY came up with a fun way to dress up some plain pink balloons!
2. CAMP UNICORN PENNANT This was a custom order from Chic Baby Rose. I am SO in love! It would be so fun to run with a "camp unicorn" theme! Isn't it inspiring?
3. STUFFED UNICORN BALLOON ANIMAL It would be fun to make enough unicorns to hand out as party favors. Click the link for the tutorial on Little Inspiration.
4. PRISM PARTY PLATES These just look unicorn-ish, right?
5. UNICORN POOL FLOAT How about a unicorn pool party?! You would definitely need this float.
6. UNICORN MOTEL KEY CHAIN If you're hosting a unicorn sleepover, the girls will need a key to the unicorn motel! This would also be a fun party favor.
7. UNICORN CAKE This naked watercolor cake has the perfect magical look for a unicorn theme.
8. UNICORN RING The hostess should definitely wear this Kate Spade balloon animal unicorn ring!
9. UNICORN DONUTS These are actually edible "spray paint" donuts inspired by Lisa Frank, but they look perfect for a unicorn party! Find the tutorial on Aww Sam.
10. UNICORN BUTTON Shop Sweet Lulu has the most adorable buttons for sale! You should browse the entire collection, once you're done buying the unicorn!
11. UNICORN SUSHI The perfect party dessert. Find out how to make this sweet treat on Poppytalk.
12. UNICORN TERRARIUM KIT If you need an activity or craft, this would be perfect! You could probably create a very budget-friendly version on your own, or you can buy this adorable kit.
That's it, folks! I may gather enough photos for a third board at some point, but for now, be sure to check out PART ONE!
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
Top o' the mornin' to ya! You didn't think that I would let St. Patrick's Day slide by without a good ol' Lucky Charms DIY, did ya now? I have to admit that this sushi didn't turn out exactly how I had envisioned it, but it's cute enough to eat, nonetheless!
Every year my kids look forward to a bowl of Lucky Charms on St. Patty's Day! It's our favorite March 17 tradition. These Lucky Charm Kabobs are probably still one of my all-time favorite posts on this little blog, and you have to check out the Lucky Charm Pinatas as well. This year...it's SUSHI! Lucky Charms sushi! Actually, I realize they look like Lucky Charm patties, but sushi sounds cool, and a lot more appetizing!
I have seen a ton of cool candy and cereal sushi ideas this year, and decided to make a St. Patrick's Day version for my kids. They LOVED it!
So, if you want to make some of your own...
WHAT YOU NEED
- Lucky Charms Treats (see recipe here)
- Extra Lucky Charms marshmallows
- Wax paper
- Strawberry milk + tiny bowl
- Chopsticks (optional)
- Sanding sugar (I used peach)
Rub butter all over both hands, and flatten a ball of Lucky Charms Treats on a piece of wax paper.
With freshly buttered hands, roll the piece into a log, and flatten the ends.
Pour a pile of sanding sugar on your piece of wax paper, and spread it out. Roll your Lucky Charms "log" through the sanding sugar, until it is completely covered.
Using a knife, cut the log into slices, making each slice about one inch wide.
Once you are done slicing your "sushi" pieces, spread a small circle of frosting on the top of each piece.
Add a couple of Lucky Charms marshmallows to the top of each piece, and you're almost done!
Now you will need to pour strawberry milk in a small bowl, to be used as dipping sauce.
Enjoy! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Saturday, March 11, 2017
Thursday, March 9, 2017
Unicorns are still going strong! In fact, there is so much inspiration out there for a fabulous unicorn party, that I had to break the post into two parts...and I still couldn't include everything! I recently saw a pennant for "camp unicorn" on Pinterest, and that inspired the party title. How fun would it be to host unicorn camp this summer?
LEFT to RIGHT:
1. FREE PRINTABLE UNICORN VALENTINES So, I know these are valentines, but they're so adorable that maybe you could somehow white out the "valentine" part, and use them as party favor gift tags? Of course, if it's a Valentine's party, just leave 'em!
2. RAINBOW FROSTED CUPCAKES These are soooo unicorny! There is a fantastic recipe and tutorial at Party Patisserie.
3. UNICORN ORIGAMI BROOCH Love this. It may be a little expensive for party favors, but would be super cute for the hostess!
4. SPRINKLE ICE CUBES Such a fun idea! There is not a tutorial for the ice cubes pictured, but there are similar "glitter cubes" at a Subtle Revelry.
5. OMBRE PARTY CANDLES These are perfect for a unicorn shindig!
6. UNICORN BACON NECKLACE How clever is "unicorn bacon"? This Etsy seller created adorable necklaces, which would be great for party favors. You could also use some "rainbow sour belt candy" to serve as actual bacon.
7. UNICORN PINATA MAKEOVER All you have to do is buy a donkey pinata, and give him a cute little makeover!
8. UNICORN LOVERS CLUB You could use this phrase on the invitations, or post it on the front door. You could even make a garland using a cutting machine, or if you're feeling artistic - make a poster to hang in the "unicorn lounge".
9. UNICORN RINGS I'm a HUGE fan of these rings...and they happen to be on sale right now!
10. UNICORN TOAST Unicorn lovers need snacks, right?!
11. UNICORN RIBBON ROSETTE SO cute! Hang these on the wall by your "unicorn lovers club" garland, or use them as literal game prize ribbons.
12. UNICORN FOOD Throw a bunch of pink, sparkly sprinkles and candy together to create "unicorn food". Unicorn fans will love it!
Be sure to check out "PART TWO" next week!
Thursday, March 2, 2017
Can you believe it's already March?! They say it comes in like a lion, and goes out like a lamb, so I thought this would be a good time to share some inspiration for a lion party! I threw in some tigers too, just cuz I like 'em. I have considered doing a lions & tigers theme for my son, but he seems to have his own ideas. Ha!
Left to Right:
1. TIGER TATTOOS Aren't these adorable? Visit Shop Sweet Lulu for the cutest tiger party supplies. I especially love this button.
2. TIGER CAPE I secretly want this cape for myself! Isn't it darling? Check out lovelane on Etsy for lots of adorable capes and play wear for your kiddos.
3. PAPER BAG LION MASK This is some great inspiration for a party craft, or you could have them pre-made and ready to wear!
4. LION NECKLACE Unfortunately, this Etsy shop owner is taking a break at the moment, but hopefully she will re-stock this adorable lion necklace!
5. LION CAKE Oh Martha, of course you would make the cutest lion cake I've ever seen!
6. TIGER PATCH "Too bad so sad" may not be appropriate for a kids' party, but I do love this patch!
7. LION PANCAKE BREAKFAST What would be better than a lion pancake face with a banana mane?
8. LION FACE PAINT Just some inspiration for all the face-painting artists out there!
9. TIGER LEAF Oooo, I love this! It would be another cute party craft, or you could make some yourself, and string them on a garland.
10. LION POM POM If you visit the site, there is a tiger pom pom too! You could make these to tie on little drawstring favor bags.
11. LION PIE CRUST This might be a little ambitious for me, but it's perfect for you pie-making experts!
12. LION & TIGER CUPCAKE TOPPERS Super-cute DIY cupcake toppers! This party is really coming together, don't you think?
Wednesday, March 1, 2017
Check out my "Rainbow Cloud Place Settings" tutorial for St. Patrick's Day on Handmade Charlotte! You can use them for utensils and napkins, or fill them with gold coins and favors. Happy St. Paddy's Day!
Thursday, February 23, 2017
A friend of mine is planning a rainbow party for her daughter's 4th birthday, so I pulled together some inspiration for her, and just in time for St. Patrick's Day! This is such a fun theme to pull together, and you can make it as simple or complicated as you please. Here are some of my favorite ideas!
Left to Right:
1. FREE printable rainbows | Oh Happy Day!
Use these printable rainbows as gift toppers, or print enough to string on a garland!
2. Lucky Charm Kabobs | Fête Gazette
Lucky Charm Kabobs would be adorable cupcake toppers!
3. Candy Rainbow Cake Topper | The Sweet Lulu Blog
So cute, right?! It's even better that it's edible. Yum!
4. Rainbow Cake | One Charming Party
I have always wanted to make a rainbow cake. Great way to add color to the party! I have seen really cute versions of this in mason jars too.
5. Mini Rainbow Balloon Arch DIY | Oh Happy Day!
This would be a really cute, and inexpensive backdrop for the cake table!
6. Rainbow Fringe Garland Backdrop | The Sweet Lulu Blog
This is one of my all-time favorite rainbow party ideas! I love simple DIYs that make a huge impact.
7. Rainbow Balloon Backdrop | Oh Happy Day!
This is a larger-scale rainbow idea that would be fun if you have a big space to decorate, or as a fun photo booth backdrop!
8. Rainbow Plates and Napkins | Shop Sweet Lulu | photo credit: Instagram @theoriginalpartybagcompany
Every party needs some fun paper plates and napkins! I adore everything from Meri Meri!
9. Rainbow Candy Favors | Catch My Party
This is such a genius party favor. All you need is some colorful licorice and mini marshmallows!
10. Rainbow Meringue Cookies | Eugenie Kitchen
All I have to say is ADORABLE!
11. Rainbow Mylar Balloon | Shop Sweet Lulu
What's a party without balloons?! Shop Sweet Lulu has the cutest party supplies EVER.
12. Edible Rainbow Flag Cupcake Topper DIY | Oh Happy Day!
Another genius idea! Chiara always has the cutest DIYs for Oh Happy Day! They are always simple enough for non-crafters, yet make a huge impact. They always make me say, "Why didn't I think of that!"
I hope you are inspired to throw the rainbow party of your dreams!
Thursday, February 16, 2017
So, you're hosting a temporary tattoo station at your little rockstar's next bash? I created a roundup of ideas and inspiration to include or consider. If you need to track down the right tattoos for your theme, try searching Tattly and Meri Meri.
Now, from left to right:
1. Just a little inspiration, because these boys are too doggone cute with their temporary tattoos! (source)
2. Tattoo cake topper! You can find the tutorial to make your own on Oh Happy Day!
3. Did you know you can apply temporary tattoos to bananas? Yep, you can! You can also put them on party cups, eggs, and who knows what else! Get creative...and then come back here and tell me what else you tattooed! You could have a really adorable (and healthy) snack for the kiddos, while they are patiently waiting for their turn to get a tat. (source)
4. Temporary tattoo balloons! You definitely need some of these by your tattoo station. Find the tutorial over at Aww Sam.
5. You may need to create a sign for your tattoo booth, or even some food labels or place cards. Soooo, you will need a tattoo font, right? Photo credit: Etsy
6. Apply tattoos to your party cups to match your theme! Photo credit: Instagram @habitatt
7. This handmade hipster art doll is sporting some nautical tattoos. He might make a nice gift for a birthday boy (or girl), and he inspires me to try some temp tats on fabric! I haven't tried it yet, but it might be cute on some little canvas favor bags?
8. If you can't find the right tattoo for your theme, or are looking to create your own, head over to A Beautiful Mess for the tutorial.
9. How awesome is this tattoo mural in a kid's room! If you are an artist, or have an artistic friend, this would be a fun backdrop to create on a $10 piece of plywood from the hardware store!
10. These temporary tattoo application instructions come with this tattoo station in a box. So cute! You can purchase your own, or get inspired to DIY!
So, there are some ideas to get you started! I decided to start a series on here called "Thursday Themes", and I will post inspiration for a different party theme every Thursday! If you're interested in seeing a particular theme featured, let me know in the comments, or shoot me an email. I thought this would be a fun way to share how I get inspired while party planning. Where do you find inspiration?